Thursday, April 8, 2010

April flowers...

Here are the blocks I made for April - I did the third method, which created pairs of blocks, so there is an extra - though it doesn't really have great contrast, so it's probably not the most desired block of all - still, I am happy to throw it in the pot if it's considered worthy! Sophie, I'll donate my chances this month - too many blocks hanging around again, I really should acquire any more...


  1. Whether they are short and squat or tall and thin, I am really liking the look of rectangles as the centers of these blocks. I've added your blocks to the list and our new total-so-far is 113 blocks.

    I think your low-contrast 10th block will work in a quilt made of these blocks. Because you see the block in all the other blocks, your eye will see the pattern in that one, too. In many antique scrap quilts, you'll find low-contrast or muddled blocks and I think these imperfect blocks create a more complex, richer quilt.

  2. I know what you mean, Sophie - and it does look a little better in person. It was interesting making these blocks - my first one had a much bigger centre than my last - I got better at knowing where i wanted to make the slices, in order to have the shape I wanted at the end. I really like that method, it was easier for me to visualise what the (finished) blocks would look like.

    Oh, and by the way, I have now mailed my blocks! (I did manage to get it done on Tuesday, as I emailed you that I probably would).

  3. I knew you would (mail the blocks). I already had you checked off on my list ;-)


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.